The European SAC Network
Dissemination of knowledge
All the partners have contributed to the setting up of
CAIN Europe: The Computer Algebra Information
CAIN Europe is a server on the
World-Wide-Web giving the means to easily access
various information related to Symbolic and Algebraic Computation.
The following topics can be found in CAIN Europe:
- The News: Electronic newsletters and
CAIN's Bulletin Board, where questions, ideas and remarks related to
Symbolic and Algebraic Computation can be exchanged.
- Announcements: conferences, software releases,
job opportunities and new books.
- Newcomers in Computer Algebra: tutorials and demos.
- Teams and People: Personal Pages and Home Pages
of research teams.
- Education: Educational material, Web sites for
Mathematics education, curricula,
projects, software, journals and electronic newsletters.
- Systems and Packages: Information about more that 110 general-purpose,
special-purpose and experimental software.
- Applications: in Artificial Intelligence, Astronomy,
Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth
Sciences, Economics and Finance, Engineering, Life Sciences,
Mathematics and Physics.
- The BibTex Bibliographic Database to easily access a big bibliographic
database in the BibTex format,
- The Preprints Virtual Database, that disseminates preprints,
- Proceedings, journals and various bibliographies.
- The Virtual Computer Algebra Library, to help users finding information about a few
important topics in Computer Algebra. For each topic, there are hyperlinks pointing
towards tutorials, algorithms, software implementations, applications and
CAIN Europe is designed in such a way that the users can easily bring and maintain
their contribution via fill-in forms, and easily find the information they are looking for
by means of powerful search engines. More about CAIN Europe
in the first issue of The SAC Newsletter.
Knowledge and results related to Symbolic and Algebraic Computation are also disseminated via
The SAC Newsletter, existing both in paper format and on the
CAIN Home page
Last update: June 6, 1997