SHEEP is a computer algebra system designed primarily for the needs of
General Relativity, but it can also be used in other fields.
SHEEP is available by anonymous ftp from euclid.maths.qmw.ac.uk
- Read, write, simplify, substitute into and differentiate algebraic
- Define tensors and tensor algorithms.
- Manipulate tensor components.
- Calculate the Einstein tensor from a given metric in a tetrad or in a
- Perform perturbation calculations. (Not yet in SHEEP2).
More information about SHEEP can be found in the Standard SHEEP Letter.
The lectures notes of J. Skea on SHEEP
give a very good overview of SHEEP's features and applicability.
SHEEP Home Page
Last updated: November 15, 1994